"Edson’s vivid portrayal of the urban area, as well as the working class and underclass, creates a vision of Saint John that highlights the discrepancy between the pre-modern idyllic notion of life in Atlantic Canada and the more complicated reality of the region."


-The New Brunswick Literary Encyclopedia

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Goon Launch, Nov 27, 2010



I launched The Goon at the Bourbon Quarter Restaurant & Bar in Saint John. It was a snowy Saturday afternoon and it was fun seeing some old friends. I read a few passages then mingled and signed some books. The photo above is me with my daughter Hadley. She was baby talking through the entire reading.
.
I was also lucky enough to bump into another NB writer, Wayne Curtis, who was doing a book signing at Indigo. I've heard of Wayne's writing for a long time and it was nice to meet him in person. We chatted about writing, Oberon Press, and David Adams Richards (Curtis is a fellow Miramichi writer and knows Richards well). He's a great guy and a great writer.

No comments: