"Edson’s vivid portrayal of the urban area, as well as the working class and underclass, creates a vision of Saint John that highlights the discrepancy between the pre-modern idyllic notion of life in Atlantic Canada and the more complicated reality of the region."


-The New Brunswick Literary Encyclopedia

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Moon is Real


After a year of rewriting I'm happy to say that I'm now finished my fifth novel, The Moon is Real. I've printed a copy of the manuscript and will give it one final reading to fix any minor errors. It sits at just 47,000 words -- my shortest work since The Making of Harry Cossaboom, but I think it's the best I've done. (But isn't every new book supposed to feel that way?) The story revisits The Dirty Milkman's Charlie and Prin, A Place of Pretty Flowers' Jeremy Wiggins and Jimmy S., and for those who paid extra close attention to The Goon, the once-mentioned tollbooth operator, Walter Stephens.  

No comments: